St. Theresa’s High School grew out of St. Andrew’s Indian Christian School, housed in a very dilapidated building situated in Old Khar. This school was founded in 1918 and taken over by our religious society called Society of the Divine Word (S.V.D.) in 1952.
His Eminence, Valerian Cardinal Gracias laid the foundation stone of the new school on the feast of St. Theresa on 3rd October, 1952, in the centre of an entirely new residential area in Bandra. From that day the original name was changed into St. Theresa’s School. Recognition as a full-fledged High School was accorded in 1960.